Library COVID-19 Updates
- Place a hold through the library catalog or call your branch library.
- Wait to be notified by text, email, or mailbox advising that your items are ready for pick up at your designated library location.
- Call the library to schedule a holds pick up.
- Walk up to the designated area near the front entrance of the library. If you have a mobile device, call to alert staff you are outside, otherwise staff will bring holds to the door at your scheduled pick up time.
- For book bundles, grab-bags and virtual programming, please call your local library for more information.
- When and Where is Curbside Pick Up Available?
All Nevada County Community Libraries have returned to Front Door and Curbside Pick Up only, as of January 20, 2022.
Madelyn Helling, Grass Valley, and Truckee:
Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 6 PM
Monday – Friday, 11 AM – 4 PM
Open+ is not available during curbside pick up
Tuesday – Wednesday, 4 PM – 7 PM, and Saturday, 9 AM – 4 PM
- How does it work?
Requests for items should be placed on hold in advance either online or over the phone with a library staff member. Once you receive notification that the item(s) are held, call the branch during the open hours noted above to check out the item(s) over the phone using your library card number. During this call, you will also be asked to schedule a time to pick up your materials. Upon arrival at the branch, call the library phone number listed outside the building. Staff will answer and ask for the last name of the person and any other pick up information. Staff will bring the item(s) to the designated pick up area for the patron. If a patron requires special pick up accommodations, they should inform the staff when they call the branch.
- How do I place a hold?
You can place an item on hold using our online library catalog or through the Nevada County Library Mobile App. Log in to your account with your library card and pin number, and request specific items for pick up at your preferred library location. You can also call any library branch during their open hours and a staff member will help put something on hold for you.
- What if I want a book that isn't in your collection? Can I use Link+?
The Link+ service is available and can be accessed through the library's online catalog. Call your local library if you would like more information or assistance.
- How do I return library materials?
Our book drops are open 24/7, so please feel free to return your items at a time that is convenient for you.
- Will I be charged for late items? Can I pay fines or fees during curbside service?
The Nevada County Library is no longer charging late fines. We are not currently taking any payments for old fines or fees in order ensure the safety of our staff and patrons.
- Can I use a library computer? Can I connect to WiFi?
- Can I print a document with mobile printing?
Mobile printing may be available at your local library by sending the document as an attachment to a branch-specific e-mail address. Call your local branch for availability and details.