- Departments E - L
- Current Elections
- Vote Center Worker Application
Vote Center Worker Application
Thank you for your interest in applying to become a vote center worker! Your participation is vital to the democratic process.
To qualify to become a vote center worker, you must:
- Be a registered California voter
- Represent Nevada County by providing high quality customer service to voters
- Attend one required vote center training course
- Serve at your assigned vote center for the duration of the voting period (assignment location not guaranteed)
- Legal US residents who would be eligible to vote except for your citizenship status are welcome to apply
- Eligible high school students are welcome to apply; please refer to the California Secretary of State website for more details https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-resources/voting-california/help-strengthen-our-democracy/poll-worker-info/#student
Successful applicants will be free to serve up to an hour before the polls open and an hour or more after the polls close, across multiple days (with exceptions for high school students). We are unable to split shifts.
The polls are open from 8am-5pm during the Early Voting period, and from 7am-8pm on Election Day (unless extended by court order).
Early voting begins 11 days prior to and including Election Day. Vote Centers open in different locations on staggered schedules. Most vote centers will be open for 4 days, and all are open on Election Day.
Vote center workers are stipend positions. To learn more about the pay, please refer to Board Resolution 18-189 https://www.nevadacountyca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/38868/Reso-18-189-Vote-Center-Stipend.
Vote center managers must apply to become temporary county workers. Please call our office for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a vote center worker please complete a Vote Center Worker Application https://forms.gle/kCc84MFt1y6MeqFc9.
If you have any questions, please contact the Nevada County Elections Office at 530-265-1298 or email us at email@example.com.