The Center for Digital Government announced winners of its 4th annual competition, honoring U.S. governments who are leveraging innovative IT to enhance services and citizen experience during the pandemic.
Nevada County- September 28,2020- Ready Nevada County is the recipient of a County Government Experience Award that recognizes a single focus area and can include more than one channel of interaction. The awards recognize the achievements and best practices of states, cities and counties that are radically improving the experience of government and pushing the boundaries of how citizen services are delivered. Top government jurisdictions, agencies and departments were honored during a virtual awards event last week.
“Our state and local government winners this year demonstrated that focusing on the government experience provides a foundation that played a vital role in responding and adapting to the uncertainties and disruptions of 2020,” said Dustin Haisler, Chief Innovation Officer for the Center for Digital Government. “This year's winners employed innovative methods and technologies to transform their government experiences, including leveraging citizen-centric platforms such as Mississippi’s myMS; employing AI to perform sentiment analysis on chatbots; and infusing digital services enterprise-wide for both internal and citizen-facing services."
“It is an honor to be recognized nationally for our efforts. It truly was a team effort and we want to share our success with the rest of the community,” says Office of Emergency Services Program Manager, Paul Cummings. “Everyone who did their part to become Ready Nevada County and share the message should be proud.”
County Government Experience Winners include:
- County of Nevada –Ready Nevada County
- Cabarrus County, NC - MyCabCo Payit Digital Platform
- Gilpin County, CO – Comprehensive Community Survey
- King Co, WA - Senior Exemption
- Los Angeles County AB210 Countywide Homeless Information Portal "CHIP"
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority - Metro Bus and Rail Digital Signage Connection
- Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk - Voting Solutions for All People and Interactive Sample Ballot
- Miami-Dade County, FL - Implementation of the Clearview Jury System
- Orange County, FL Property Appraiser’s Office - Advanced Technologies
- Palm Beach County, FL - EPZB Building Portal
About the Center for Digital Government
The Center for Digital Government is a national research and advisory institute focused on information technology policy and best practices in state and local government. The Center is a division of e.Republic, the nation’s only media and research company focused exclusively on state and local government and education.