News Flash

Office of Emergency Services

Posted on: October 8, 2021

Apply for Defensible Space Assistance Today


We have good news to share!
APPLY (2)Nevada County received two grants to help low-income residents and citizens living with disabilities pay for defensible space. This is a cost-share program. The grant will cover 75% of the cost to complete defensible space. Homeowners will share in the expense and cover the remaining 25%. Residents interested in participating in the program may apply online today!

Each application will be reviewed for eligibility. If an applicant is eligible, an initial property inspection will occur. 

Funding from FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Grant Program makes this program possible. Local governments may apply for Hazard Mitigation funding after a presidentially declared disaster. Funding from this program aims to: 

  • Reduce the vulnerability of communities to wildfire.
  • Promote emergency resilience.
  • Lessen response and recovery resource requirements after a disaster.
  • Result in safer communities that are less reliant on external financial help.

 If you have questions, please reach out to the Office of Emergency Services at or call 530-265-1515. Read more about the program here

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Office of Emergency Services

Ballot Measure NewsFlash

Measure V Information

Posted on: August 31, 2022
Sand and Sandbags

Rain on the Way

Posted on: December 7, 2021