Public Record Requests

Updated June 15th:

Accessing information online:  Click on the My Neighborhood Map. On the right-hand side, set to search by address, and then enter in the correct address. To view the permit history, click on the View Report link and then the “Permits” tab.  Clicking on the permit number will take you to the Accela Citizens Portal program where you can view the description, inspections, attachments (if the permit is scanned), and status (issued, finaled/closed, expired, voided, etc.)


The Community Development Agency receives and processes thousands of Public Record requests on an annual basis. We receive a wide variety of requests ranging from copies of well permits to parcel maps to site plans. 

Public Records Act

In accordance with the California Public Records Act (PDF), the agency will respond to your request within 10 days. The Community Development Agency (CDA) works hard to fulfill requests for records within the initial 10-day period, but the actual determination may be extended up to 14 days and the actual provision of records is allowed a reasonable time period with an estimated date given. Please contact the agency if you have questions or concerns.

Making a Request

Please find below a link to the request form to either print and bring in to our agency or fax to us at 530-478-5799 as well as a link for online submittal.

Search for Records Online

For your convenience, many types of records and property information are available online through the MyNeighborhood Map Portal. Please note that not all records are currently available online. For step-by-step instructions on how to find public records online, please click Looking Up Records Online.  This service is funded by a grant from the Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District to reduce auto emissions in Nevada County.

APN Update

You may access and print many records with the exception of stamped plans prepared and designed by an Engineer or Architect, which may only be obtained by submitting a signed affidavit from the specialist.