About Heidi Hall
First term began: 1/2017
Current term ends: 12/2024
Served as Chair of the Board: 2020
BiographyHeidi Hall enjoyed spending summers and holidays in Nevada County as she grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area in a family of educators. In 2005, she moved to the family cabin to raise her two boys and enjoy the natural beauty and community Nevada County offers year round. Building rural social and economic resiliency through protecting forest health, expanding broadband, promoting outdoor recreation and maintaining our local quality of life has been her focus for over a decade. She enjoys serving on local, regional and statewide committees and takes pride in being both collaborative and solutions driven. She brings both professional expertise and a life-long love of the Sierra Nevada Foothills to everything she does.
Her leadership is informed by 25 years of experience as an environmental professional with the federal and state governments, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), where she managed both budgets and staff and as program manager at Resources Conservation Board, (SWRCB) and the Department of Water Resources (DWR). This unique experience in water and resource management lead to working on initiatives in four states and with 122 tribes. Her professional experience in this sector is both a point of pride and a reflection of the collaborative problem solving she brings to complicated issues.
In addition to her work as District 1 Supervisor, she currently serves as a program manager with the California State Department of Water Resources. She works with government leaders at all levels and expertise, from both the scientific and policy communities, to find solutions to pressing policy issues.
As a community activist, Heidi has served on several non-profit Boards, volunteered as a Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (CASA), and even participated in “Dancing with our Stars,” a fundraiser for The Center for the Arts. Heidi ran for Congress in District 1 in 2014, where she gained a broad base of support for her advocacy regarding local rural issues, including better solutions to homelessness, meeting unmet mental health care needs, fire safety (and other public safety measures) and the need for better internet connectivity for a stable and sustainable economy. She has served as a delegate for and is currently an Executive Board member to the California State Democratic Party.
Heidi received her B.A. from Pomona College in International Relations and holds two M.A.s in International Relations and Public Policy from Columbia University and Rutgers University, respectively.
Like many in Nevada County, family is a top priority. She gains strength and inspiration from her husband, children, in-laws, and her beautiful grandchild. In her free time, she can be found hiking our trails, exploring the Yuba River with her dogs, or taking in the arts and culture of our
Committee MembershipsUpdated 2/18/2021
- California State Association of Counties Board of Directors (CSAC) - Nevada County Representative, 2021-
- Agriculture, Environment, Natural Resources Committee - Co-Chair, 2021
- Cannabis Working Group, 2019-2020
- First Five Nevada County Children & Families First Commission - 2019
- Local Government Commission - Treasurer/Secretary, 2019-Present
- Mental and Behavioral Health Board - 2017-Present
- National Association of Counties (NACo) - Nevada County Representative, 2017-Present
- Remote Access Network Committee - 2020
- Sierra Nevada Conservancy Board/Central Sierra Subregional - Nevada County Representative, 2021-
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Commission (S&HWC) - 2021-Present
- Yuba-Bear Watershed Council - 2017-Present
- Area 4 Agency on Aging Governing Board (A4AAGB) - member, 2017-2021
- Fire Safe Council of Nevada County - 2017-Present