About Heidi Hall
First term began: 1/2017
Current term ends: 12/2024
Served as Chair of the Board: 2020
Heidi Hall grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area in a family of teachers who enjoyed spending summers and holidays in Nevada County. She received her B.A. from Pomona College in International Relations and holds two M.A.s in International Relations and Public Policy from Columbia University and Rutgers University, respectively. In 2005 she decided to settle in Nevada County and make it her permanent home.
In addition to her work as District 1 Supervisor, she serves as a manager with the California State Department of Water Resources. She has experience managing both staff and budgets, and has worked to bring people on opposite sides of critical issues to common ground. She has worked with government leaders at all levels from both the scientific and policy communities to help find solutions to pressing policy issues. Her work at the State also includes contract and grants management, including multi-million dollar State contracts involving multiple sub-contractors.
Heidi has over 25 years of experience as an environmental professional with the Federal and State governments, including with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), overseeing work in water and resource management, among other areas. During her tenure at the EPA, her unit oversaw programs in four states including 122 tribes, resulting in funding for programs in multiple states and counties.
As a community activist, Heidi has served on several non-profit boards, volunteered as a Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children (CASA), and even participated in "Dancing with our Stars," a fundraiser for The Center for the Arts. Heidi ran for Congress in District 1 in 2014, where she gained a broad base of support for her advocacy regarding local rural issues, including better solutions to homelessness, meeting unmet mental health care needs, fire safety (and other public safety measures) and the need for better Internet connectivity for a stable and sustainable economy.
Personal Life Heidi has two grown sons. She enjoys walking and hiking in the area and spending time at the South Yuba River.
Committee MembershipsUpdated 2/18/2021
- California State Association of Counties Board of Directors (CSAC) - Nevada County Representative, 2021-
- Agriculture, Environment, Natural Resources Committee - Co-Chair, 2021
- Cannabis Working Group, 2019-2020
- First Five Nevada County Children & Families First Commission - 2019
- Local Government Commission - Treasurer/Secretary, 2019-Present
- Mental and Behavioral Health Board - 2017-Present
- National Association of Counties (NACo) - Nevada County Representative, 2017-Present
- Remote Access Network Committee - 2020
- Sierra Nevada Conservancy Board/Central Sierra Subregional - Nevada County Representative, 2021-
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Commission (S&HWC) - 2021-Present
- Yuba-Bear Watershed Council - 2017-Present
- Area 4 Agency on Aging Governing Board (A4AAGB) - member, 2017-2021
- Fire Safe Council of Nevada County - 2017-Present