Register for CodeRED Emergency Alerts
CodeRED is an opt-in notification system used by the County of Nevada to notify residents in an emergency. These alerts may be received as text, email, landline, cell phone, and TTY. Click the button to the right to begin the registration process.
Need assistance registering?
Contact 211 Connecting Point by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-833-DIAL211.
Need assistance logging back into your account?
Please contact the CodeRED Emergency Alert Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-939-0911 x9, Monday-Friday 6 am-3 pm.
Add CodeRED to your contacts:
- Emergency calls will originate from (866) 419-5000.
- Non-emergency calls will originate from (855) 969-4636.
- Texts will originate from different numbers depending on the cellular service provider.
NOTE: CodeRED emergency alerts will not be sent for every fire in Nevada County. They are used when a fire is deemed a serious potential threat to life and property (WARNING) or an immediate threat to life (ORDER). The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office is charged with carrying out evacuations countywide. During an active incident, they are in close communication with fire personnel who are on scene. Many factors are considered when determining whether an evacuation WARNING or ORDER is issued such as the size of the fire, rate of spread, number of available suppression resources, wind, temperature, topography, and proximity to residences.
Register for Nixle Everbridge Emergency Alerts - Truckee
Truckee Police Department and the Truckee Fire Protection District use the Nixle Everbridge Emergency Alert System as the primary method of communication during critical incidents. Residents and visitors are encouraged to subscribe to Nixle Everbridge Alerts to stay informed in the event of an emergency.
Register for Nixle via the Everbridge Mobile App:
- From your mobile device send "APP" to 888-777 to receive a link to download the Everbridge Mobile App.
- Download, install, and open the app.
- Find an Organization or Subscription. Type in 96161 and subscribe to Truckee Police Department and Truckee Fire Protection District.
Monitor local media too. Code Red and Nixle emergency alerts only work when cell phone towers and telephone lines are working. There is no guarantee you will receive an alert during an emergency.