What Are Evacuation Zones?
In the event of a wildfire or an emergency situation, law enforcement and fire agencies issue evacuation warnings or evacuation orders for impacted areas. These notices are issued for a Zone with an evacuation Status.
Authorities will use Zone Names in emergency alerts, media releases, and on social media to notify residents which areas are under an evacuation warning or order. Follow the 3 steps to find and remember your zone.
Know Your ZoneIn order to understand whether your area is under an evacuation warning or order, you need to know your Zone Name. It is important to remember your zone name.
1. Go to community.zonehaven.com
2. Enter your address into the search bar
3. Find your zone in the pop-up window and write it down.
(Download Know Your Zone print at home instructions and reminder card here)
Hard copy evacuation zone maps for Nevada County are available for download and printing. This map packet is designed to answer two questions when you hear emergency notifications about Evacuation Zones being activated in Nevada County:
Print Hardcopy Evacuation Zone Maps
• Is my Home Zone or other Zones I’m watching one of the activated Evacuation Zones?
• Where are the activated Evacuation Zones compared to my Home Zone or Zones I’m watching?
For this map packet to help you answer those questions in a crisis, you must first complete two simple steps to prepare it:
1. Print this map packet out complete with instructions. If you do not have access to a printer, the Nevada County Library can print one out for you.
2. Mark on the maps where your Home Zone is and any other Zones that you’re watching. To do this you will need access to the internet and to visit https://protect.genasys.com/search.
Understand Evacuation Status Levels:
🟥 Evacuation Order
An immediate threat to life. This is a lawful order to leave now. The area is lawfully closed to public access.
🟨 Evacuation Warning
A potential threat to life and/or property. Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now.
A notice to be on alert and follow county recommendations.
🟩 Clear To Repopulate
It is safe to return to your home. Be aware of your surroundings and go through the returning home checklist.
🟪 Shelter In Place
An order to go indoors. Shut and lock doors and windows. Prepare to self-sustain until further notice and/or contacted by emergency personnel for additional direction.
There is no current knowledge of threats affecting your area and that you can carry on with normal activity.