Military Service Information
Welcome Military Service members, and thank you for your service to our country. We want to assist you with your child support questions or concerns. You may contact us by telephone at 866-901-3212 or e-mail us to discuss your child support case and any questions you may have. We will do our best to serve you during the limited time you have available.
ResourcesYou may follow the links shown below to learn more about available services, and sites for military personnel and their families.
- Visit the Nevada County Veterans Services page to find out about local services and link to many other resources.
- The Veterans Resource List (PDF) from the California Department of Veterans Affairs has links to state and federal resources.
- The federal Office of Child Support Enforcement offers a comprehensive Handbook for Military Families that offers information about paternity establishment, child support, visitation, and custody.
- Visit the National Military Family Association to find information on a number of topics of interest to military service members. This non-profit organization focuses on issues important to military families such as child care, health care, schools, and support.
- US Army Regulation 608-99 provides a detailed description of family support, child custody, and paternity issues to which all active duty and reserve US Army Soldiers are subject. Family members not receiving the required support may contact the Inspector General at (800) 752-9747.
- You may be entitled to receive some housing allowance - go to full-rate housing allowance (BAH) for more information.
- A Notice to All Custodial Parties and Non-Custodial Parents Deploying Out-of-State outlines the steps to request a review and possible modification of your child support order prior to out-of-state deployment. A complete copy of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) is available.
- The Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS) serves veterans and those separating from the service by offering assistance in finding careers and providing employment resources and expertise.