Adult & Family Services Commission
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The purpose of this Commission is to represent the community to the Board of Supervisors on issues regarding health and human services and family interests of all residents of Nevada County.
The Commission provides policy advice to the Board of Supervisors; appraises and evaluates county health and human services programs; participates in long range planning processes; helps identify and coordinate community resources, including the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), that can be used to provide collaborative solutions to health and human services needs; oversees the extent and the quality of the participation of low income constituents in the CSBG funded programs; participates in activities of the Agency on Aging Area 4 (AAA4) Advisory Council; provides advice and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors on issues relating to Adult Day Services and Adult Day Health Care; provides assistance in educating the community on health and human services needs; and promoting intergenerational relations and activities, which facilitates the generations working together to solve problems and enriching the lives of all.
2020-2021 Community Initiative Funding
The Nevada County Adult and Family Services Commission announces a Request for Funding (RFF) for the Nevada County community Initiative funding (CIF). These funds will allow local non-profit agencies an opportunity to provide services that will enhance the priorities set forth by the Community Services Block Grant Community Action Plan.
A total of $30,000 in Community Initiative Funding has been allocated to support two separate, one-time only funded projects subject to the Nevada County Board of Supervisors’ approval and fiscal resources.
Non-Profit organizations may submit an application for CIF funds. Community Initiative Funding Application
Community Action Plan
- Community Services Block Grant Community Action Plan 2020-2021
- AFSC Community Action Plan 2018 to 2019 (PDF)
- Access the archive of Older Action Plans (developed by the Adults and Family Services Commission)
- Adult and Family Services Commission Reclassification of Membership - Fully Executed (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Adults and Family Services Commission Bylaws - Fully Executed (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Nevada County Strategic Plan 2018 to 2022 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Community Needs Assessment 2020 - 2021 Draft