Sewer Connection Permit

Click here to access the Sewer Connection Application

Select the appropriate Supplemental package for your zone from the following list:
Supplemental package for Lake Wildwood and Lake of the Pines
Supplemental package for Cascade Crossing, Cascade shores and North San Juan
Supplemental package for Darkhorse
Supplemental package for Penn Valley and Valley Oak Court
Supplemental package for Mountain Lake Estates
Supplemental package for Eden Ranch

Click and print the Owner Information package for your files and retain for future reference: 
Owner Information package

New Sewer Connection Permit Application Process
  • Establish the designated Sanitation District Zone for your property
  • Download the General Sewer Application, associated Supplemental Package for your zone and the Owner Information package. 
  • Site plan must show all sewer system components to be installed per the design requirements for your zone (i.e. sewer lines, tanks, alarm panels, clean-outs etc.)
  • Submit completed application package to the Department of Public Works.
  • Payment must be by Check made payable to: Nevada County Public Works Department. 
  • Electronic submission via the Citizens Access page is currently not available for Sewer Permits
  • Packages can be submitted as follows:
  •   Mail to: Department of Public Works, 950 Maidu Ave, Nevada City, CA 95959
  •   Drop-off: Nevada County Government Center - Community Development Agency - 950 Maidu Ave, Nevada City, Public Works     Bin. 
  • Email to: - and mail check to address noted above. 
A list of all sewer related fees can be found at the following link: Sewer Fees
Sewer Permit application fees can be paid by credit card on line once the completed application package has been submitted to the Public Works Department. After receipt and review, Public Works Administrative staff will contact applicant with permit number. For Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU's) less than 750 sqft, impact fees cannot be charged per SB13, however connection charges are still applicable. 
Fees related specifically to the New Sewer Connection Application are as follows:

  • Lake Wildwood - $345.21 (inspection fees)
  • Lake of the Pines/Darkhorse - $345.21 (inspection fees) + $14,700 new EDU = $15,045.21
  • (EDU fee will be charged by the Building Department if sewer is in connection with a new building permit, otherwise fee will be payable to the Public Works Department)
  • Penn Valley - $250.00 (permit fee) + $345.21 (inspection fee) = $595.21
  • Valley Oak Court- $345.21 (inspection fee)
  • North San Juan - $345.21 (inspection fee)
  • Higgins Village - $345.21 (inspection fee)
  • Eden Ranch - $345.21 (inspection fee)
  • Gold Creek - $345.21 (inspection fee)
  • Cascade Shores - $3000.00 (permit fee) + (345.21 (inspection fee) = $3345.21