Sewer Connection Permit
**PLEASE NOTE THAT SEWER PERMIT APPLICATION PACKAGES CURRENTLY CANNOT BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY THROUGH THE CITIZENS ACCESS PORTAL. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PERMIT BY DROPPING IT OFF AT OR MAILING IT TO: NEVADA COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS, 950 MAIDU AVE, P.O. BOX 599002, NEVADA CITY, CA 95959-7902**
Applying for Sewer Connection
- Establish the designated Sanitation District Zone for your property and download the General Sewer Connection Application, associated Supplemental Package for your zone, and the Owner Information Package.
- Sewer Connection Application
- Select the appropriate Supplemental Package for your zone from the following list:
Supplemental package for Lake Wildwood and Lake of the Pines
Supplemental package for Cascade Crossing, Cascade Shores, and North San Juan
Supplemental package for Darkhorse
Supplemental package for Penn Valley and Valley Oak Court
Supplemental package for Mountain Lake Estates
Supplemental package for Eden Ranch
- Submit the following items to Public Works as the Application package
- Supplemental package forms where applicable (Easement, Deed Recording, etc)
- Site Plans on either 11x14 or 11x17 Format NO LARGER
- The site plan must show all sewer system components to be installed per the design requirements for your zone (i.e. sewer lines, tanks, alarm panels, clean-outs, etc.)
- Payment must be by check made payable to Nevada County Public Works.
- Ways to submit package:
- Electronic submission via the Citizens Access page IS NOT currently available for Sewer Permits
- Packages can be submitted as follows:
- Mail to: Department of Public Works, 950 Maidu Ave, Nevada City, CA 95959
- Drop-off: Nevada County Government Center - Community Development Agency - 950 Maidu Ave, Nevada City, Public Works Drop-off Bin.
- Email to Public Works and mail check to address noted above.
- A list of all sewer related fees can be found at the following link: Sewer Fees
- Sewer Permit application fees can be paid by credit card online once the completed application package has been submitted to the Public Works Department and Public Works has generated a Permit number.
- After receipt and review, Public Works Administrative staff will contact the applicant with the permit number.
- For Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU's) less than 750 sqft, impact fees cannot be charged per SB13, however, connection charges are still applicable.
Fees related specifically to the New Sewer Connection Application are as follows:
- Lake Wildwood - $345.21 (inspection fees)
- Lake of the Pines - $345.21 (inspection fees)
- Darkhorse - $345.21 (inspection fees) + $14,700 (new EDU only) = $15,045.21
- (EDU fee will be charged by the Public Works Department at time of application submittal if sewer is in connection with a new building permit.)
- Penn Valley - $250.00 (permit fee) + $345.21 (inspection fee) = $595.21
- Valley Oak Court- $345.21 (inspection fee)
- North San Juan - $345.21 (inspection fee)
- Higgins Village - $345.21 (inspection fee)
- Eden Ranch - $345.21 (inspection fee)
- Gold Creek - $345.21 (inspection fee)
- Cascade Shores - $3000.00 (permit fee) + (345.21 (inspection fee) = $3345.21