- 1:30 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month (tentative, not all dates will have hearings scheduled)
- Board of Supervisors Chambers, 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, CA 95959
Videos of the Planning Commission meetings are available for live streaming and for on-demand viewing of archives. View the upcoming meeting agenda and view the video online.
View a list of upcoming Planning Commission meetings.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
You can Subscribe to the Agendas, Minutes, and project Staff Reports. If you do, you will receive an email notification whenever a new file is posted. There is no charge for this service.
Projects Scheduled for Public Hearing
- No hearings are scheduled at this time.
There are no published events in current month.
Supervisorial District I:
Represents Nevada City, Banner Mountain area
Supervisorial District II:
Represents South of Grass Valley, Alta Sierra, Lake of the Pines area
Supervisorial District III:
Represents Grass Valley area
Supervisorial District IV:
Represents Penn Valley, French Corral and the North San Juan area
Supervisorial District V:
Represents Truckee, Washington and areas east of Nevada City
Jurisdiction, Powers & Duties
(From Code Section A-II 42.5.1)
The Nevada County Planning Commission shall have the jurisdiction over and shall review and consider and approve or disapprove all of the following:
- Review and recommend actions to the Board of Supervisors for all General Plan Amendments.
- Review and recommend actions to the Board of Supervisors for amendments to the Nevada County Zoning Ordinance.
- All subdivisions require the approval and filing of a final map and parcel maps creating more than four lots and all major use permits and site plans as provided in the Zoning Ordinance.