Insight Respite Center
ReferralTo make a referral contact Nevada County Behavioral Health for authorization 530-265-1437 or complete the Insight Respite Center Referral Form. The referral will then be submitted to the Access Team and management who will determine eligibility for the candidate. If the candidate is accepted, they will then be welcomed by a peer into the Insight Respite Center.
EligibilityTo best meet the needs of our guests at Insight Respite, there are certain eligibility requirements a candidate needs to meet prior to acceptance into the program.
- Must be 18 years and older
- Has a mental illness, or is experiencing a first episode or re-emergence of severe symptoms
- Cannot be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Is medically stable
- Able to maintain personal hygiene
- Can prepare own meals and clean up following meals
- Can sign and understand documents
- Has a place to return to once they are ready to leave
- Has been accessed and approved by the Access Team, Program Manager or Supervisor
All of the activities provided are focused on meeting the recovery goals of the individual. Some of our daily activities include:
- Guided Meditation
- Outdoor physical activities
We also offer activities that focus on a particular form of expression, such as art and music.
Peer Supporters are available 24 hours a day for guests to connect with. Peer Support occurs when people share knowledge and experience with one another through mutual learning. We offer hope, compassion, and understanding in a stigma free environment.
Guests will be invited to develop their own Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) to aide with their personal recovery goals. A WRAP is essential in helping to identify and release uncomfortable and distressing feelings and behaviors, and provides necessary tools to continued recovery.